Helpful Aspects of Being in a Group
Groups provide support – you will quickly learn that you are not alone. You will also realize that many people experience similar anxiety, pain, loss, sadness, and anger, even though their experiences may differ from yours.
Groups provide different perspectives – if, for example, you talk about a fight you had with your partner, other members can give you several different perspectives (rather than advice) to view your experience differently. Different perspectives often provide a great sense of normalization, validation, and a
Groups keep you present – hearing how other members successfully overcame their obstacles to healing provides encouragement and motivation, that you can achieve your goals.
Groups build a sense of belonging – as trust builds, you develop a sense of social and interpersonal connectedness that you may not experience in other parts of your life. A sense of belonging also gives you a safety net to discuss topics without being judged.
- Group sessions are 90 minutes long.
- All groups are run as process groups (Irvin Yalom) along with psychoeducation as needed
- You must be at least 18 to join a group unless otherwise specified
- Group cost is $20/session
- Space is limited to 8 participants
- If you register for a group, you may be contacted for a brief phone consultation to see if the group is a right fit for you.
- We reserve the right to ask any participant to leave the group if you are causing emotional harm or triggering members.
Trauma: Moving Forward
Trauma: Moving Forward – Meets Tuesday evenings 6:00 p.m. every other week This group is open to members that have been victims of trauma at any stage of life. You will not be required to share or participate in the group until you are ready. Group member confidentiality is required! Group status: Full
Anxiety – Meets Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. every other week. This group is open to members that are looking for alternative ways and compassionate support to control anxiety. The cost is $20 per session Group Status: open (5 spaces available) Sign Up Today
For more information: call/text (585) 432-0313 Email: clevelandemotionalhealth@ gmail.com